Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Linda Smith goes to Washington

Today my friend Linda Smith, former Congressman (1994-98) and Founder of Shared Hope International, appeared on Capitol Hill with three years of research in her hands. She spoke to the Congressional Briefing on "The National Report on Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking: America's Prostituted Youth". The issue of human trafficking is very personal to me, as I have spent the past few years getting involved with Ralph Borde’s ministry Charasia. My latest film, “The Story of Seema”, is what I hope will be the first of many projects of mine that will address this issue.

There is too much to write in this post on the matter of human-trafficking. I would encourage you to learn more about Linda and her work with Shared Hope. You can read their blog, or check out their website.

I would also like to ask that you contact your Senators and Congressmen to follow up on Linda’s report. We could end slavery in our country if we take a stand with Linda. You can download The National Report Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking at Shared Hopes website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...