Friday, July 17, 2009

My Very Own Blog

Who Knew this day would come?

This being my first blog I should probably explain a few things. I’m an independent filmmaker in Chicago trying to become a success. (Who isn’t?) This is a blog for those who wish to follow my career and comment on it. (Be nice.)

What’s with the name, “An Unstill Life?” Before too long, if you choose to read this blog you will see that this is an apt description of me.

The weekend is here, so time to…edit. Lately I have been editing a documentary series on the history of Christianity in America. I have been hired by Edit Productions, to be the work horse on this job. It’s been challenging and fun. It has giving me the chance to work with a variety of old footage in many frame rates and aspect ratios that I’m not used to. The final project will be 1.78. It’s been an interesting project, there’s a lot of picture timing, (Ken Burns style) and there’s a real trick to this. I’ve had a lot of experience with this kind of editing in the past, just never this much footage to cut through. I have found it quite enjoyable. (My wife, though, has asked me to wear my headphones when she’s home. After awhile it gets a little daunting to listen to the same edit over and over.) Over all it’s a good project, I’ll post the link when it’s done.

Other than that I think I’ll spend this weekend working on my screen play…the long awaited screen play. I have act one finished and it has run the gauntlet though the editors, but hey, they make me sound smarter. I look forward to sharing with you in the future how that project is going. For now, though, I have to keep is somewhat under wraps.

I better kick it for now, I want to have some bit of a weekend.
Later,
P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...