Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kidding Around part 1


This is Lily Campbell, AKA Lily-bug - just a little over two feet high and about 25 lbs of pure cute. Last year on vacation I took a ton of pictures of my nieces and nephews who are more than willing to show off for the camera.

Lily-bug is the daughter of my brother Scott and his wife Margaret, who have three great kids, and one on the way. Over the next couple of days I thought I would do a few blogs on how to take cute pictures of those leg biters in your life who never seem to sit still long enough for you to get a shot.

Tip 1: Take pictures while they are distracted by something else, in this case watching T.V. (Or in Lily's case trying to watch T.V. - Uncle Pete wouldn't get out of the way.)

Tip 2: Good lighting in a house is hard to find, so make sure that they are by a window, to give that nice soft glow. (Ideally it would be to the right or to the left of them, not directly behind.)

Tip 3: If you have an digital SLR, it's really helpful to hold the shutter down and snap off a few consecutive pictures at a time, most often when you are trying to pose pictures with kids you get eye blinks or a funny face (and not the kind you're going for.) By taking plenty of pictures it gives you the option to take out the ones that don't work. - For this shoot I took close the 30 pictures.

Tip 4: Get as close to your subject as possible, most of the time when I'm not happy with my pictures I realize if I only would have gotten a little closer, the picture would have worked.

Happy picture taking!



1 comment:

Other Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...