Sunday, April 17, 2011

Kidding Around part 2


Precocious 2 year old + breakfast = frustrated mommy. 
Here we have our next subjects. (Much to my sister’s chagrin.)

My niece Alaina is a very busy young lady who has way too much in her schedule to sit and eat breakfast. But for some reason her mommy felt it necessary for her to finish her cereal before she could go play. – A perfect opportunity for a photo shoot. A few tricks to keep in mind in a moment like this.


1: Don’t be a distraction. Try to be a part of the scenery and let them forget you are there.

2: Don’t be afraid to take “too many pictures” Alaina was all over the place, she has a tough time sitting still. So the more you shoot the better luck you’re going to have in getting a good picture.

3: Try not to have a window behind your subject. I would have liked to have them move, but sometimes you have to take what you can get. Work with the situation and make the best of it.

4: Watch your focus. – I love this last picture of Alania with a little drop of milk on her chin. But the main problem is I missed my focus. Admittedly it’s tough to hit a moving target, especially when the moving target is a two year old. – I could have said that this was the “artsy look I was going for” but that would be dishonest. – It is a fun picture though, I’ll keep it.

Have fun snapping and enjoy the simple moments in life; they sometimes make the best pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...