Friday, May 6, 2011

Light Leaks



And this is what a light leak looks like.

After trying out my Grandfather's camera the other day I thought I would give my Great Uncle Ray's Jiffy Kodak Series II a try. However, it seems that time was not as kind to this camera. Upon further investigation I discovered the the billows in this camera has deteriorated along the folds. It's too bad really. This is quite a fun camera to play with. At some point if I get ambitious maybe I'll try to see if I can get this replaced. In the meantime I have a nice roll of some funky looking shots. 

A short note on my Great Uncle Ray Middleton. He was my Grandmother's (my father's mother) older brother, who fought and died in Italy during WWII. This camera was giving to my Grandmother, Matilda, before he left.  Though his Kodak hasn't survived as well as I wish it could have, I feel privileged to have it in my collection.    





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...