Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Grandfather's Camera


To say that I am excited about this post would be an understatement. I have been wanting to do this for sometime, and today I finally got my first roll of 120mm film back from the developer.

This camera belonged to my Grandfather Don Weber. It's an Agfa Billy Record, and to my knowledge this is the camera he carried with him during World War II. - He was a good photographer and took some really interesting pictures while in Europe. I'll have to scan some of the pictures he took with it and post them sometime.

Call me old school but I enjoy old cameras and trying out old formats, however, this time it was a little different. This was a really special roll for me to shoot as I discovered a connection with my Grandfather; clicking rigged dials, looking through the rudimentary view finder, estimating the focal length.  It was fun to see what it was like for him to take pictures 60 years ago.


 Footnote on location

 Gravestone 

Grain Silo  

 Looking down the rail line

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...